2010年10月7日星期四

Lupin indulges in violently smoke

Gowing and Cumming walked over to arrange an evening at Margate. It being wet, Gowing asked Cummings to accompany him to the hotel and have a game of billiards, knowing I never play, and in fact dispprove of the game. Cummings said he must hasten back to Margate: whereupon Lupin, to my horror, said:" I give you a game Gowing- a hundred up. A walk around the cloth I will give me an appetite for dinner." I said:" Perhaps Mister Gowing does not care to play with boy." Gowing surprise me by saying:" Oh yes, I do, if they play well," and they walked off together.

Sunday. --I was about to read Lupin a semon on smoking(which he indulges in violently) and billards, but he put on his hat and walked out. Carrie then read me a long sermon on the palpable inadvisability of treating Lupin as if he were mere child. I felt she was somewhat right, so in the evening I offered him a cigar. He seemed please, but, after a few whiffs, said:" This is a good old tup'ny-try one of mine," and he handed me a cigar as long as it was strong, which is saying a good deal.

Winter ugg boots collection|Friends s2-e18

没有评论:

发表评论