2010年10月18日星期一

Mrs. James

Mrs. James, of Sutton, arrived in the afternoon, bringing with her an enormous bunch of wild flowers. The more I see of Mrs. James the nicer I think she is, and she is devoted to Carrie. She wnet into Carrie's room to take off her bonnet, and remained there nearly an hour talking about dress. Lupin said he was not a bit surprised at Mrs. James' visit, but was surprised at her.

Sunday, nearly late for church, Mrs. James having talked considerably about what to wear all the morning. Lupin does not seem to get on very well with Mrs. James. I am afraid we shall have some trouble with our next-door neighbours who came in last Wednesday. Several of their friends, who drive up in dog-carts, have already made themselves objectionable.

An evening or two ago I had put on a while waistcoat for waistcoat pockets (a habit I have), one man, seated in the cart, and looking like an American, commenced singing some suspicions were confirmed; for while walking round the garden deliberately aimed at my hat, and exploded on it like a pecussion cap. I turned sharply, and am positive I saw the man who was in the cart retreating from one of the bedroom windows.

UGG boots on auction

没有评论:

发表评论