2010年7月29日星期四

Apologise of Gowing

Painted the bath red, and was delighted with the result. Sorry to say Carrie was hot, in fact we had a few words about it. She said Iought to have consulted her, and she had never heard of such a thing as a bath being painted red. I replied:" It's merely a matter of taste."

Fortunately, further argument on the subject was stopped by a voice saying, "May I come in?" It was only Cummings who said, " Your maid opened the dorr, and asked me to excuse her showing me in, as she was writing out some socks." I was delighted to see him, and suggested we should said:" You can be the dummy." Cummings (I thought rather illnaturedly) replied:" Funny as uaual." He said he couldn't stop, he only called to leave me the BICYCLE NEWS, as he had donw with it.

Another ring at the bell; it was Gowing, who said he "must apologise for coming so often, and that one of these days we must come round to HIM." I said:" A very extraordinary thing has struck me." "Something funny, as usual," said Cummings "Yes," I replied;" I think even you will say so this time, It's concerning you both; for doesn't it seem odd that Gowing's always coming and Cummings' always going?" Carrie, who had evidently quite forgotten about the bath, went into fits of laughter, and as for myself, I fairly doubled up in my chair, till it cracked beneath me. I think this was one of the best jokes have ever made.

Then imagine my astonishment on perceiving both Cummings and Gowing perfectly silent, and without a smile on their faces. Afther rather an unpleasant pause, Cummings, who had opened a cigar-case, closed it up again and said:" Yes- I think, after that, I SHALL be going, and I am sorry I fail to see the fun of your jokes." Gowing said he didn't mind a joke when it wasn't rude, but a pun on a name, to his thinking, was certainly a little wanting in good taste. Cummings followed it up by saying, if it had been said by anyone else but myself, he shouldn't have entered the house again. This rahter unpleasantly terminate what might have been a cheerful evening. however, it wasas well they went, for the charwoman had finished up the remains of the cold pork.

如何保存環保袋|Friends s1-e12

没有评论:

发表评论