2010年7月30日星期五

Clerk Pitt changes attitude

At the office, the new and very young clerk Pitt who was very impudent to me a week or so ago, was late again. I told him it would be my duty to inform Mr. Perkupp, the principal. To my surprise. Pitt apologised most humbly and in a most gentlemanly fashion. I was unfeignedly pleased to notic this improvement in his manner towards me, and told him I would look over his unpunctuality. Passing down the room an hour later. I received a smart smack in the face from a rolled-up ball of hard foolscap. I turned round sharply, but all the clerks were apparently riveted to their work. I am not a rich man, but I would give half-a-sovereign to know whether that was thrown by accident or design. Went home early and bought some more enamel paint-black this time-and spent the evening touching up the fender, picture-frames, and an old pair of boots, making them look as good as new. Also painted Gowing's walking-stick, which he left behind, and made it look like ebony.

Cheap ugg boots|Friends s1-e13

没有评论:

发表评论