2010年7月1日星期四

Borset fall over the scrapper

Eggs for breakfast simple shocking; sent them more for orders. Couldn't find umbrella, and though it was pouring with rain, had to go without it. Sarah said Mr. Gowing must have took it by mistake last night, as there was a stick in the hall that didn't belong to nobody. In the evening, hearing someone talking in a loud voice to the servant in the downstairs hall, I went out to see who it was, and was suprised to find it was Borset, on seeing me, said he would be hanged if he would ever serve City clerks any more-the game wasin't worth the though it was POSSIBLE for the city clerk to be a GENTLEMAN. He replied he was very glad to hear it, and wanted to know whether I had ever come across one, for HE hadn't. He left the house, slamming the door after him, which nearly broke the fanlight; and I heard him fall over the scrapper, which made me fell glad I hadn't removed it. When he had gone, I thought of splended answer I ought to have give him. However, I will keep it for another occasion.

没有评论:

发表评论