2010年8月29日星期日

Lupin got the chuck!

Bank Holiday-As there was no sign of Lupin moving at nine o'clock, I knocked at his door, and said we usually breadfasted at half-past eight, and asked how long would he be? Lupin replied that he had had a lively time of it, Sun streaming in through the window in his eyes, and giving him a cracking headache. carrie came up and asked if he would like some breakfast sent up, and he said he could do with a cup of tea, and didn't want anything to eat.

Lupin not having come donw, I went up again at half-past one, and said we dined at two; he said he "would be there." He never came down till a quarter to three. I said:" We have not seen much of you, and you will have to return by the 5:30 train; therefore you will have to leave in an hour, unless you go by the midnight mail." He said: "Look here, Gov'nor, it's no use beating about the bush. I've tendered my resignation at the Bank."

For a moment I could not speak. When my speech came agian, I said:" How dare you, sir?" How dare you take such a serious step without consulting me? Don't answer me, sir!- You will sit down immediately, and write a note at my dictation, withdrawing your resignation and amply apologising for your thoughtlessness."

Imagine my dismay when he replied with a loud guffaw:" It's no use. If you want the good old truth, I've got the chuck!"

Cheap ugg boots Adirondack II Obsidian are sleekers|環保袋深受商家青睞

没有评论:

发表评论