2010年8月17日星期二

Quiet and pleasant evening

"Consequences" again this evening. Not quite so successful as last night; Gowing having several times overstepped the limits of good taste.

In the evening Carrie and I went round to Mr. and Mrs. Cummings' to spend a quiet evening with them. Gowing was there, also Mr. Stillbrook. It was quiet but pleasant. Mrs. Cummings sang five or six song, "No, Sir", and "The Garden of Sleep", being best in my humble judgment; but what pleased me most was the duet she sang with Carrie classical duet, too. I think it is called, "I would that my love!" It was beautiful. If carrie had been in better. After super we made them sing it again. I never like Mr. Stillbrook since the walk that Sunday to the "Cow and Hedge", but I must say he sings comic-songs well. His song "We Don't Want the Old Men Now." made us shriek with laughter, especially the verse referring to Mr. Gladston; but there was one verse I think he might have omitted, and I said so, but Gowing thought it was the best of the lot.

Cheap ugg boots will be the best gift in the Christmas|環保袋款式和規格應該更多一點|Friends s2-e03

没有评论:

发表评论