2010年8月8日星期日

A terrible head-ache

I woke up with a most terrible head-ache. I could scarcely see, and the back of my neck was as if I had given it a crick. I thought first of sending for a doctor; but I did not think it chemist, who gave me a draught. So bad at the office, had to get leave to come home. Went to another chemist in the City, and I got a draught. Brownish's dose seems to have made me worse; have eaten nothing all day. To make matters worse; Carrie, every time I spoke to her, answer me sharply-that is, when she answered at all.

In the evening I felt very much worse again and said to her:" I do believe I've been poisoned by he lobster mayonnaise at the Mansion House last night;" She simply replied, without taking her eyes from her sewing:" Champagne never did agree with you." I felt irritated, and said:" What nonsense you talk; I only had a glass and a half, and you know as well as I do-" Before I could complete the sentence she bounced out of the room. I sat over an hour waiting for her to return; but as she did not, I determined I would go to bed. I discovered Carrie had gone to be without even saying "good-night"; leaving me to bar the scullery door and feed the cat. I shall certainly speak to her about this in the morning.

The difference between genuine and fake ugg boots|Friends s1-e20|環保袋活動

没有评论:

发表评论