2010年8月20日星期五

A miserable day

The miserable cold weather is either upsetting me or Carrie,or both. We seem to break out into an argument about absolutely nothing, and this unpleasant state of things usually occurs at meal-times.

This morning, for some unaccountable reason, we were talking about ballons, and we were as merry as possible; but the conversation drifted into family matters, during which Carrie, without the slightest reason, referred in the most uncomplimentary manner to my poor father's pecuniary trouble. I retorted by saying that "Pa, at all events, was a gentleman," whereupon Carrie burst out crying. I positiviely could not eat any breakfast.

At the office I was sent for by Mr. Perkupp, who said he was very sorry, but I should have to take my annual holidays from next Saturday. Franching called at office and asked me to dine at his club, " The consitutional." Fearing disagreeables at telling her I was going out to dine and she was not to sit up. Bought a little silver bangle for Carrie.

JIMMY CHOO with ugg boots|無紡布環保袋布料分類|Friends s2-e06

没有评论:

发表评论